The Illinois Association of School Nurses (IASN) was organized
- To promote comprehensive school health programs for students.
- To improve and maintain standards of preparation for school nurses
- To promote and advance the quality of health and learning in the schools.
- To provide educational programs for school nurses.
- To promote the welfare of school nurses.
- To encourage membership in related professional organizations.
- To provide a forum for discussion of school health issues.
The Association is organized into 10 divisions. The division names and boundaries are found under Division Contacts. The Division Presidents are found under the map.
The Association holds an Annual Meeting in conjunction with the Annual Conference. The date and place is determined by the Board in consultation with the Chairman of the Annual Conference Committee. The Annual Conference rotates north one year and south the next year with divisions acting as hosts and planning the conference.
IASN is affiliated with the National Association of School Nurses (NASN) and members pay unified dues. Membership is Anniversary which means that members can pay at any time of the year and membership is current for that one year.
IASN communicates with members via a list serve, E-Mail NewsBlasts after each IASN Board meeting and when necessary, a printed/mailed newsletter in September, and the IASN website.